Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Decorations

I cannot find any of my fall decorations and it is making me so annoyed. I can picture the box that I packed them in. I have seen them since I got here, so where are they?
I looked back at the fall decor post from last year and it makes me so sad. I want to put the fall berry wreath up on my half finished house front door. I want to put out the "poison" candy jar. If you have seen my fall decorations could you buy them a bus ticket home? I will happily send you the money.
What a crazy five months it has been. I am ready for a little bit of boring. I appreciate my old apartment more now than ever. Knowing the location of nearly all my things was something I took for granted. I will enjoy finding a place for everything. I will put the seasonal items in neatly labeled boxes and smile every time I look at them. I will do all of this in what I call "future perfect world". I have a lot lined up in my "future perfect world". A lush tiny English type garden hidden in the back of my property, Fall dinners under my big Pecan tree on crisps nights and we will eat butternut squash soup out of pumpkins, an imperfect white picket fence surrounding the front yard with heirloom yellow (drought resistant) roses growing all over it. It all may not happen, but isn't it lovely to think it might?
Yesterday, I took off the ugly aluminum screen door and painted the front door before I remembered to take a picture. I keep doing that. How will you know how fantastic the house looks unless you see the before picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.