Friday, September 11, 2009

It Just Happens

I am blogging along daily and everything is grand, blog ideas come at me like crazy and then I have some big change in my life and my brain just shuts down and goes into survival mode. This time has been of all things a puppy. Yes a little dachshund has entered my life. He found me, I swear.

I was driving back from a lovely afternoon of walking around Lowes (that would be a grand time to me these days, Starbucks and Lowes...Woot!) I am driving through a little town and this thing runs straight at my car and I can tell it has no sense at all. People let their dogs wander around here all the time and I never stop, but this time it was different. I stop in the middle of the highway and put on my flashers hoping I am not killed by a semi while trying to save this little beast. He runs under my car and I call him, "Puppy!, Puppy!" I scoop him up and set him in my passenger seat and drive to the side of the road. I see him and think, he is a darling dog someone has to be missing him. I go to the local convenience store and give them my name and number and they take his picture and then I leave...

I get to my town and begin to really look at him. He is a very sad creature. Skin and bones, covered in ticks and fleas, ear mites, uncut nails, and I bet he has worms (he had worms). I decide that he found me and that he needed a good home. My home, I guess. I am a dachshund person which makes everything even more weird. Is there a list for Dachshund puppies that name all of the people that might want them? Do they have some type of Ontstar that notified him that I would be driving in that exact location at that precise time? I wonder, but then I realize that he did not learn to fetch or sit when I met him so I think he might have lucked out or he had friends helping him out. I really have no idea. Anyway it goes, he is here to stay. I named him Weenie Beenie after a hot dog place near my old work. I call him Weenie B. pictures are soon to follow.
Link

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW! That's awesome! Congratulations on your new puppy!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali...Was this puppy found in the city limits?....We have received two other reports of puppies found last Friday...I'm wondering if a puppy mill shut down....
    Ray

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.