Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blah Blah Blah

Here is a little bit of what is going on. Today I have sanded and painted two very large planter boxes that we will use for the plants at the Chickasaw Festival Meeting. It is a pretty big deal and we get to do all of the stage plants and silk arrangements. This place has been filled to the brim with large plants and it has been lovely. I am now working on a few more mums. I really enjoy my job. I think I have said that before.

I am working on the house and yesterday I even unpacked a few boxes in the kitchen. It was like shopping but I loved everything and it was within my budget. The day started out very cool and then in the late afternoon it became very warm and muggy so the house felt stuffy. After the sun went down I went out and sat on the porch. A cool night breeze and the faint smell of a fire in the distance made the porch a much better place to be. After about thirty minutes I realized that the only sound I heard were animals and an occasional passing car. No sirens, no planes, no helicopters. There was not the constant hum of the cars on 395. It was so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.