Friday, March 13, 2009

SAME CAFE

I am sure you all have seen something about the SAME CAFE on television but I want to talk about it.

A cafe that allows it's customers to pay in donations or by volunteering. What a nice concept. Not a handout but a handup. The news report actually made me tear up.

After working at the Salvation Army for a few years I found that giving someone food was fine but the people that volunteered even a little bit were happier about receiving food. I think it is a matter of respect and letting some say "I am giving back,I am trying".

You know the whole saying give a man a fish...teach a man to fish concept. I love it. If you want you can donate a little something something to them through paypal on their website. Even if it is what you would pay for a couple lunches, I bet it would help. I hope they don't mind me swiping the logo, you know how I hate posting without a picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.