Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Starflower

Sounds like a good Hippie Name. I took this picture in a church yard near my house and then immediately started to research it. I have never in my life seen a white flower with black stripes.


Ipherion uniflorum, is a native of South America in areas of Peru and Argentina. Spring Starflower is a vigorous, clump-forming bulbous perennial that has onion-like leaves and uniquely shaped, white or blue-violet fragrant flowers that resemble stars.

You may now carry on with your day.

6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful - I do not think I have ever seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen such a flower but is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to have found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to have some of these flowers....I'm betting they won't grow in Missouri...I will be looking into it.
    They are gorgeous!
    Chasity

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do grow in Missouri! I just looked it up and you can get them here. http://www.lazyssfarm.com/Plants/Perennials/I_files/I.htm
    I want some right this moment, but perhaps I will have to wait until next spring as am moving :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.